• Nanotox: Understanding the impact of nanomaterials on biological matrices to assess the risk.
• Nanopharma: Understanding the interaction between nanocarriers and biological target to optimize the development of nanodrugs.
• Nanodiagnostics: Non-invasive imaging in rodents to develop innovative nanodiagnostics.
Main research projects:
• " Framework to respond to regulatory needs of future nanomaterials and markets" - Framework Project Seven (2013-2017).
• “Smart Nanoparticles For Boosted Drug Brain Targeting” - Research Enhancement Package Grants, CEN foundation. (2013-2015).
• NUTEC - New Technologies for the treatment of brain aging based on the use of nanocarriers, adult mesenchymal cells, and their effectors. Bando RL-MIUR 2011 (2013-2015).