The International Graduate Program of the Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri IRCCS is organized in collaboration with the Open University (Milton Keynes, UK), which confers a PhD title recognized worldwide. The Program is part of the educational and training activities taking place in the two campuses of Milano and Bergamo.
The major aim of the Graduate Program is to train students for research careers in the fields of Pharmacology and Toxicology with particular reference to Cancer, Neurological, Cardiovascular and Kidney diseases. Other areas of interest include Environmental Toxicology, Organ Transplantation, Rare Diseases, Molecular Pharmacology and Public Health.
The entire duration of the course is 4 years.
The procedures of the PhD School, like all the scientific and administrative activities of IRFMN, are certified according to the ISO 9001 European standards.
Access is generally limited to young investigators with at least one-year experience in any field of experimental or clinical research. The candidate PhD student must hold a valid IELTS certificate (International English Language Testing System), or BULATS or TOEFL test.
Italian students must have an Italian University degree (laurea breve or laurea magistrale) in any scientific discipline.
Foreign candidates must have a graduate degrees equivalent to those required for the Italian candidates.
The procedure for the registration is divided in four phases.
1. Publication of the competitive call
Please read the PHD Call –Downloads
The candidate must submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- the applicant's CV
- a valid IELTS certificate (International English Language Testing System), obtained no more than two years before the predicted registration date (October 1st, 2021). The minimum acceptable IELTS overall score is 6.5, and no less than 6.0 in any of the four elements (reading, writing, listening and speaking). Other acceptable English certificates are BULATS and TOEFL (overall score > 79).
3. Evaluation of the applications
A panel of two internal reviewers, including the Research Degree Coordinator, evaluates whether the submitted applications meet the eligibility criteria in the call.
The eligible candidates are invited to the admission test, which consists of a written and an oral session. The final decision on the acceptance of the candidate is communicated by the School Office.
4. Registration of the accepted students
After notification of the acceptance, the student must transmit the following documents to the School Office:
- the ARC form;
- the Research Project;
- the applicant's CV;
- Animal Care Unit certification (for thesis projects requiring the use of animals);
- the completed Supervisor CV forms of the Director of Studies and the external Supervisor;
- a copy of the IELTS certificate or BULATS or TOEFL test.
For additional information about the PhD courses please write to email@example.com